It gives me no pleasure to say this … oh stuff it, yes it does. More than just a little pleasure. From the moment the deeply unsavoury Milo Yiannopoulos brought The Curse Of Zelo upon him by getting one of his gofers at The Kernel to write a hatchet job on this blog - he didn’t have the skill, or the spine, to do it himself - I have taken inordinate pleasure at every time this over-promoted sleazebag has come unstuck.
And today he has come properly, irretrievably unstuck: the lawsuit he so grandly announced last year against publishers Simon and Schuster, after they dropped his piss-poor memoir Dangerous following his apparent advocacy of paedophilia, has now been withdrawn. S&S will not be paying the overrated SOB a cent.
It all looked so different last October: then, USA Today reported that it was “Round one to Milo Yiannopoulos … The New York State Supreme Court on Thursday rejected Simon & Schuster’s motion to dismiss the right-wing provocateur’s $10 million lawsuit against the publisher for canceling his book, Dangerous … The case now moves on to the discovery phase”. But the euphoria was not to last beyond the new year.
His lawyers decided they had better things to do than entertain the deluded buffoon, so, as the HuffPost told its readers, “Meister Seelig & Fein will no longer represent far-right pot-stirrer Milo Yiannopoulos due to a ‘breakdown in the relationship,’ according to an emergency motion filed by the New York-based law firm this past Friday”. They discovered that he was a waste of time and space. But the Yiannopoulos ego remained undimmed.
“I will now be representing myself pro se, so I can directly see the material, and I look forward to revealing Simon & Schuster’s perfidy in court”. But, sad to relate, the material remained unseen, and now the end has come, so Milo must face the final curtain. Yes, he did it his way, and his way was to end up looking even more stupid than before.
As The Bookseller has told, “Milo Yiannopoulos has dropped his multi-million pound legal case against Simon & Schuster US … The document revealing the alt-right columnist’s withdrawal from the New York State Supreme Court was circulated by the publisher on Tuesday (20th February) along with a statement saying it ‘stands by’ the decision to terminate its book deal with the controversial figure”. And there was more.
“A S&S US spokesperson said: ‘We are pleased that Mr Yiannopoulos’ lawsuit has been withdrawn, with prejudice, and with no payment from Simon & Schuster. We stand by our decision to terminate the publication of Mr Yiannopoulos’ book’ … The British commentator does not yet appear to have referred to the withdrawal of the case on his Instagram or Facebook pages, where he has previously posted updates on the situation”.
Steady on, Stateside folks, don’t go blaming us for the creep. And don’t rush to deport him just yet - we’ve got enough sponging cretins in the media without having him back. Just allow us here in the UK to rejoice at the most deserving media downfall since Mazher Mahmood was caught lying (as in lying to a judge - he’d been lying to everyone else for decades). And don’t do anything for Yiannopoulos without getting cash for it up front.
Milo Yiannopoulos went to zero without ever becoming a hero. Just rejoice at that news.
Milo has declared a victory on his FB page. He said he basically won the case and the publisher S&S had an enormous financial loss. Milo was on Alex Jones' "InfoWars" live today. It's his new gig. He constantly claims he is not racist, misogynistic hate monger and use the same corny phrase: "I have Black husband" (though nobody saw the man, or their marriage certificate). Plus, he allegedly misused money from his "White Privileged Grant." I think we need a good journalist to investigate his various businesses, he is a classic con artist. Americans are very naïve and gullible, he'said got an army of trolls and followers. His new Twitter account is "Dangerous Troll."
Post a Comment