Welcome To Zelo Street!

This is a blog of liberal stance and independent mind

Sunday 26 August 2018

Milo Yiannopoulos’ Mardy Meltdown

Washed-up man-baby Milo Yiannopoulos, long ago awarded The Curse Of Zelo after his cowardly hit-job on this blog (he got someone else to write it, and probably didn’t pay them, because he’s yellow, and a louse), is beginning to realise that he is running out of road, and that trying to spend, lie and front his way back into the limelight is not going to work. That is why he has suffered a very public series of meltdowns.
These came after he declared he was returning to the speaking circuit, only for Politicon to drop him from their lineup. So out came the king-size onion. “To others, who care only about their reputation and avoiding humiliation, I guess this would be a blow. Personally I couldn’t give a shit. I subject myself to this continuous hell because unlike the needy, vacuous, disloyal and desperate grifters of conservative media - none of whom will say a word about this, because they all know I'm their number-one competition - I actually care about my fans and the stuff I talk about. And no amount of cancellations from now until the end of time will ever deter me from trying”. Butthurt, much?
The self-pity continued as he posted “Sometimes even I get depressed” along with a restaurant check for over $7,500. We should feel sorry for a self-absorbed creep who sponges off rich people in order to fund his exhibitions of conspicuous consumption.

But it was when a reply to another of his Facebook self-promotion exercises suggested he was yesterday’s man and that others had taken his place that The Great Man truly lost it, and lost it big time. “Over the past three years, I have spent literally millions of dollars trying to do talks, speeches, events, rallies and protests, to say nothing of all the stuff I do behind the scenes I can never tell you about. A lot of that money was my own wealth, from before I even started in journalism” he whined plaintively.

This is bullshit. If he’d had all that wealth, he would not have exited that deal with the Telegraph under a cloud. He would not have had contributors at The Kernel chasing him for unpaid fees. And he would not have needed the Mercers’ money to keep him afloat.
But do go on. “And when I get dumped from conferences, BARELY ANYONE makes a sound about it - not my fellow conservative media figures and not even, in many cases, you guys. When was the last time any of you protested in the street at the treatment meted out to me or Pamela Gellar or Mike Cernovich or Alex Jones?” Perhaps that’s because that treatment was merited, and no-one cares about him. And there was more. A lot more.

I have repeatedly put myself in harm’s way in service of American values. My annual security bill amounts to hundreds of thousands of dollars - just so my husband and I don’t get killed going for sushi. I have to make that money somehow just to stay afloat”. As if anyone cares who he is. Security bill my arse. And he doesn’t “make that money” - he sponges it off others. That’s the Milo Yiannopoulos business model in one.

But he’s only just getting warmed up. “I’ve fought bitterly and endlessly for freedom in a country I don’t even belong to - not for my benefit, but for yours”. Baloney. He’s fought for More And Bigger Self-Promotion Opportunities For Himself Personally Now. Oh, hang on a minute … “I was a significant factor in Donald Trump getting elected, for which I have received zero credit”. No, Milo, you really weren’t.
And then comes the entry of the nanoviolin. “For my trouble, I have lost everything standing up for the truth in America, spent all my savings, destroyed all my friendships, and ruined my whole life … All I ever read here is criticism and ingratitude. You guys have no idea what I have sacrificed for you, and you think just because I drown my sorrows with a few expensive bottles of wine, you’re justified in calling me lazy and self-involved”.

Waaah! Waaah! Not fair! Sounds like the faithful have lost interest. But remember, no matter how bad this looks, “I don’t advertise my selflessness, because I’m not a victim”. No, he’s not a victim - it just looks that way.

What has run out can be easily deduced from Bob Mercer’s comments cited in a Vanity Fair article from last November: “[I]n my opinion, actions of and statements by Mr. Yiannopoulos have caused pain and divisiveness undermining the open and productive discourse that I had hoped to facilitate. I was mistaken to have supported him, and for several weeks have been in the process of severing all ties with him”.
The realisation that the tap had been turned off, followed by the petulant reaction, just took a while to kick in. Now realisation has hit home that Yiannopoulos really is all washed up with nowhere to go. And heck, is he unhappy about it.

There is, of course, one problem here. He might return to the UK.
Enjoy your visit to Zelo Street? You can help this truly independent blog carry on talking truth to power, while retaining its sense of humour, by adding to its Just Giving page at

4 comments:

Arnold said...

"I was a significant factor in Donald Trump getting elected".
Good of you to take the blame.

Anonymous said...

After reading Milo's self pitying bullshit diatribe it's impossible to avoid the conclusion that he has single handedly delivered the death blow to satire.

I mean, where the fuck do we go from here?

Anonymous said...

“I was a significant factor in Donald Trump getting elected, for which I have received zero credit.” So it wasn’t the Russians? Trump will be very relieved that someone else is grasping the nettle.

If he survives long enough he might even get a job in the government, when Trump has sacked everyone else.

J said...

Oh I'm sure he keep running gofundme and patron scams for worthy causes such as white men only university grants... and then pocket the cash himself, as he has always done.

He's a grifter and sadly they always seem to end up on their feet... unlike the people they con.