Despite Ngo being known as a front man for the far right, that he enjoys protection from their members, and that most of what he claims is exaggerated or invented, he is fêted by media outlets in the USA and UK, most recently when he was given a platform by self-promoting TalkRADIO host Julia Hartley Dooda, whose journalistic nous somehow failed to result in one instance of her interrogating this particular source.
Andy Ngo. Never knowingly honest
Which brings us to new broadcast media entrant GB News, already dubbed Gammon Broadcasting (“Bacon’s News Channel”). Those leading the channel’s fightback against the charge that it will be little more than a UK take on Fox News Channel (fair and balanced my arse), like former Murdoch editor Andrew Neil, have “said it ‘will not be shouty, angry television’ and insisted it will conform to Ofcom rules on impartiality”.
Exactly how Brillo is going to square that particular circle just became a rather more challenging exercise: after Ngo told his adoring followers yesterday “Statement on May 28, 2021 Antifa assault: No journalist in America should ever face violence for doing his or her job. Yet on Friday, May 28, Antifa tried to kill me again while I was reporting on the ongoing protests and riots in Portland, Ore. for a new chapter of my book” came the giveaway.
Neil Oliver, another of those GB News hosts whose reputation has suffered the occasional setback recently - standing up for racist bigot David Starkey might not have been his wisest-ever move - showed his admiration for Ngo by quote Tweeting him and adding his own touching message “Be well, Andy. You’re an inspiration”. Well, well.
No thought that Ngo, who claims to be a journalist, was not identifying himself as PRESS when the alleged attack took place. No mention that he has a history of claiming to have sustained a whole range of serious injuries, only to scrub up fine for the next media opportunity. And no mention that these alleged attacks never seem to be witnessed by very many people. We should take a conspiracy theory pusher on trust.
Wonder what kind of guests he'll invite?
Worse, Oliver is not the only GB News host promoting Ngo: Colin Brazier Retweeted Oliver’s compliment. Which should surprise no-one: if GB News is going to be “anti-woke”, then it will have to position itself in opposition to those against societal injustice and especially racism. Being against anti-racism brings you close to the far right? Who knew?
Yes Colin, we saw your RT
Making ridiculous claims about Antifa, and frightening the viewers with more of the same about Muslims, are both Fox News staples. It seems that Neil Oliver and Colin Brazier have done the world a favour by letting slip that GB News will indeed be like FNC.
And unless FNC gets guests who push back against Tucker Carlson Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham, they aren’t “shouty, angry television” either. We see you, GB News.
Enjoy your visit to Zelo Street? You can help this truly independent blog carry on talking truth to power, while retaining its sense of humour, by adding to its Just Giving page at
Just another "Too Many Damn Blacks" Starkey.
With some luck he and Gammon Bullshit Nerds will share the same eventual fate. Oblivion.
Now we know how to treat Oliver's "history" propaganda. He's a Scottish Otto Winnaker.
I wonder what it is about an actual neo-nazi(1) that the "Gammon Bastard News, News for the National Front" hosts like so much...
(1) And yes, I know he's not white... but he sure as hell is a neo-nazi larping as a white supremacist. His back catalogue is a long one of giving the nazi's a free run while pretending that the targets of the nazi's are the real nazi's. I guess he figures that his nazi mates think he's one of them and come the "race war", that his mates really-really want to happen, he'll be counted as one of them when in reality he will be the first they get rid because they see him as a race traitor.
The channel trailer running atm fills with pessimism and I can't believe how any outfit employing Dan Wootton expects itself to be taken seriously.
So far by doing some research on 'Conservative' web-sites I've learned that 'anti-woke' means...
1. Lying about a deadly pandemic while constantly claiming its not really dangerous but also a sinister Chinese bio-attack.
2. Being cool with racists booing black footballers making a peaceful gesture for racial solidarity.
3. Employing cretinous Twitter fascist goblins who masquerade as journalists while being funded by sinister far-right types.
4. Pretending that all the scientists are wrong and that climate change is a secret lefty plot to, umm, I dunno, make Bill Gates richer?
5. Happily support voter ID while simultaneously whining about non-existent 'vaccine passports to go the pub'.
6. Tell everyone Brexit is brilliant.
7. Complain about British history being censored by lefties while showing a heavily censored version of British history (How many bio-pics have there been about Clement Attlee? Is like he doesn't exist...)
8. Whine about vaccines, which are also a sneaky plot to kill everyone while also protecting them from the non-existent but totally real Chinese bio-weapon.
9. Replacing 'But her emails!!!' from 2016 with 'But Fauci's emails!!!' from 2021.
10. All the while claiming to be patriotic while being invested in by various foreign tax-dodgers.
Gammon Bullshit Network, shurely.
Any channel running with Neo Nazis is doomed to fail .
Andrew Neil famously destroyed Alex Jones on the BBC for his conspiracy theories, strange now he embraces someone much worse.
My e-chum Beardy wanted to know whether there’s any way of removing particular channels from your telly, to eliminate the risk of stumbling over BrilloVision accidentally.
Post a Comment