Welcome To Zelo Street!

This is a blog of liberal stance and independent mind

Saturday 1 May 2010

Could Be A Hot One

The Met Office have ceased their annual stab at what kind of summer we will have, but fear not – I’ve got a thought to cast into the ring. And my thought is that this summer, at least in the UK, is going to be a warm one – maybe even a hot one.

Really? Ho yus. Temperatures have picked up rapidly in the UK during April, and where I am now – Entroncamento is pretty much in the middle of Portugal – is extraordinarily warm for the time of year, with 29 Celsius both yesterday and today.

That doesn’t mean it will be dry, but my estimate is that it’s going to be warm in the UK. If it’s not dry, then expect most rain to be of the heavy variety, and sometimes with thunder. How warm? Enough to shut Christopher Booker up sharpish, though his pal James Delingpole, another of those clever people who talk loudly in restaurants, will no doubt have his excuses ready.

Why should I be so certain in my prediction? Ah well. More later.

No comments: